Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Ponderings

In the past two and a half years I have become obsessed with numbers - BMI, waist to hip ratios, calories in vs calories out, daily steps .... you name it. I've downloaded apps, read articles each day, synced my fitbit to at least half a dozen sites, and yet with fitness, health and happiness as my ultimate daily goals, this means I have to be productive and succinct with my "on computer time." I start each day with some kind of workout. Quite honestly, I love the workout videos on SP, as well as my Jillian Michaels dvds (or what I can find of her on Youtube). If it's not a video, then it's the elliptical or strictly weight training. Then I get on the computer for 30-45 minutes for emails and logging.

I've found that keeping all of my links on one webpage (I use Thoughtboxes for my links, and UStart.org for my blogs) allows me to quickly get thru my reading and logging routine.












How do you stay organized and maximize your "on computer time"?

Finally, my mini goals for July - after weighing and measuring on Friday - are to keep within a 2-3 lb range of Friday's weigh in, eat more fruits and veggies and less carbs (this may be tricky on our trip if we are not indeed mindful, so I will enlist Ron's help), and get back to 10,000 steps per day at least 6 days a week. My ultimate goal for 2014 is to walk 1500 miles and I fell off the wagon a bit in June so I will have to push the steps/miles to catch up and meet this goal.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I thought I was the only one who was using numerous apps and web pages! I'd never heard of Thoughtboxes, or UStart.org but they look like something I need to look into.

    I've never used the videos on SP. Where do I find them? and what types of exercise videos are they? I'm trying to get myself back into exercising after so many months of slacking. I got too comfortable with having my parents living with me - I guess I need to get over using them as an excuse since they've been back in their own home for almost 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SP videos are under the top tab, Articles and Videos. Then scroll down to Fitness and from there scroll down to Workout Videos. There are so many categories that it is crazy! I like the yoga ball videos, and the band videos best. And you can have them tracked in your fitness tracker, as well as earn SP points, if you are into that sort of thing (I actually am).

      I'm glad you like Thoughtboxes! I keep kidding myself that one day I will use just one website, but with Pinterest and Evernote also out there......dang!

      Delete
    2. I absolutely LOVE Pinterest and Evernote. I have been using both for school related things. Evernote actually saved my behind this past school year. I was able to upload and save pictures, work samples, emails, notes, test results, etc. that I needed to share at a student's SST meeting, then for his counselor, and finally for the retention committee. Most importantly, when the parents were not satisfied, I had the data all together, along with the emails WE had exchanged to make my point!

      Delete
  2. I just signed up for Thoughtboxes. This is a neat little tool! Thanks, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete