Monday, June 30, 2014

What Does it Mean to be Fit?

To me, being fit means living a healthy lifestyle.  Am I doing that now?  Well, to a certain degree.

According to Livestrong.com, there are six things that need to happen in order for us to maintain a healthy lifestyle:

  • Eat healthy
  • Move your body
  • Say goodbye to bad habits
  • Reduce your stress level
  • Get a good night's sleep
  • Control your weight
Taking all of that into consideration, I think I've got at least 4 out of 6 under my belt.

I personally need to work on moving my body more so that I can better control my weight. What do you need to work on?

1 comment:

  1. You are heading in the right direction, though, Esther! I see your logs on FB with your workouts! Good habits take 30 days to instill, so summer is our perfect time to work on them. And then during the school year, be sure to continue to set aside time to take care of YOU!

    I would say I also have 4 out of 6 in hand; my pitfalls are stress and getting a good night's sleep. I would love to get off my blood pressure meds, but I let so many tiny things turn my world upside down. And I go thru stages where I don't sleep. I don't do well if I take anything for that, though.

    ReplyDelete