Friday, June 27, 2014

Welcome to Team Motivate Me

Three’s. Things happen in threes and here we are a team of three - three strong women who come from different places, yet have so much in common and yet need a bit of support. Let’s share our ideas, workout plans, recipes, weight loss strategies,etc.  Motivate. Inspire. Lead. Fail. Pick up. And move on.

Quick introductions:

Tanya - I am going to be 50 in September and am a 6th grade science teacher, living with my retired husband/best friend. I LOVE to cook, and am one year into my weight loss maintenance. We don't have any kids or animals at this time. Not that we will have kids later. huh? Today I started reading The Grapes of Wrath - I love to read and each summer I read a classic. I wanted to read a Stephen King book, but my husband - Ron - picked this book for us instead. Yes, spooky, we do everything together. I am looking forward to retiring at 55 so we can travel more. It took me losing weight to know what I was missing in our life together. Now I can actually help him in the yard and I actually enjoy it. My number one motivator on SP was Tracy. When I first started this program I read her blogs from her first day and was amazed at what she was able to accomplish.

Esther - I just turned 48 in March and I'm a 3rd grade teacher.  My husband is now official retired and he is ALSO my best friend!  I absolutely LOVE to cook, which is most likely the reason I have gotten myself into the trouble I am in now.  Between my husband and myself, we have 6 children - my two girls, his two boys and daughter, and our son.  We also have five dogs, two cats and a few fish.  I have been reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter and am pretty darn close to finishing it - Finally!  I would love to retire by the time I'm 55, but I don't think I'll have enough in my retirement to keep us afloat.  It looks like it will be closer to 57 or 58.  I fell into a slump, but now I'm working on getting myself out of it.  I've never been thin (not a single day in my life!) and don't expect to ever be, but I do look forward to living a much healthier and happier life!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I think we all have in common is that we lead busy lives and that we are learning how to add fitness into it. It is so true that we have to have more calories out than calories in. And I think our husbands have to buy into our "programs", as well. Lucky for me, Ron wanted to also lose weight so he bought into the need to change out 12" sandwiches and a bag of chips (for each of us!) every Saturday nite for something much healthier. Esther, I think you hit it on the head - it's not so much about being thin as it is about being healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh....yes....12" sandwiches. I know what that's all about! Something we definitely needed working on. We still get our 12" subs, but only because they are cheaper ($5 footlongs!), but no chips. We then have one 1/2 for lunch and the other half for either dinner, or the next day's lunch. Plus, water - no soft drink!

      Delete