Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fitness Apps

Since I do not own a cell phone (oh the shame!) I carry my iPad with me everywhere I go and  am always looking for ways to keep accountable - whether it's reading a book, logging food on Sparkpeople, or checking in with the Fitbit app. Thru various blogs I learn about new apps to use with my students, as well as fitness and food apps. While some of these can be found in the app store for iPads, others are for the iPhone but work well on the iPad, as well. These are just a few of my favorite fitness apps:

  • Everymove: Rewards for Being Active
  • Fat 2 Fit (provides a fascinating way to look at your personal data. There is also a webpage with similar tools and articles)
  • 30 Day Fitness
  • FitYou (I would LOVE to set up challenges with workout buddies one day!)
  • Happy Scale (much like the website Trendweight)
  • Lose It! (as an alternative to SP for logging food an exercise)
  • Higi (also a website - Find a station near you and log health data. Our station just opened at Rite Aid and I am hoping to go try it out today!)
  • Gorilla Workout (I have only downloaded the free version and have not yet tried it)
  • Ninja Fitness (same as Gorilla, I downloaded the free version. I did the Agility Level One workout today and thought it was pretty fun).

1 comment: